Dentists face many considerations when treating patients and prescribing medication. This ADA quick reference, created by a team of dentists, pharmacists, scientists, and experts in pharmacology, serves as a clinical educational resource to deliver concise and accurate information about medications that dentists prescribe. The second edition of the ADA Dental Drug Handbook has been revised to include the latest, most up-to-date information to assist in treating patients. This handbook presents information on commonly encountered drugs in the dental office in an easy-to-follow format, making it a go-to drug reference for dental professionals.
- Drugs used in dentistry, such as analgesics, antifungals, antivirals, anxiolytics, fluorides, local anesthetics and corticosteroids
- Detailed, full-color drug monographs with black box warnings, cautions and contraindications, potential adverse reactions, possible drug interactions and more
- Sample prescriptions with dosage, frequency and route of administration
- Smoking cessation, salivary management and oral lesion treatments
- OTC products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance